This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

BuildComponents.dll error

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:57 AM
Edited Jan 6, 2009 at 1:58 AM
Hello,

I have pulled the code from CodePlex and when trying to build and run the sample solution, I am getting the following error:

Error: BuildAssembler: No appropriate constructor exists for the build component 'Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.CopyFromFileComponent' in the component assembly 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\\ProductionTools\BuildComponents.dll'. The error message is: C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\\ProductionTools\BuildComponents.dll

I did a search for CopyFromFileComponent to see if I could change the constructor, but cannot find it referenced in the sample code.

I also had a problem with there not being a "Project.xml" in the solution - at least I couldn't find it, so I changed it to TestLibrary.xml because that is what I found in the directory where the error was being thrown. Not sure if this is correct, or if it is causing my problem.

Thanks for any help,
Chris
Jan 6, 2009 at 3:26 AM
Edited Jan 6, 2009 at 3:31 AM
Hello Chris,
Thanks for the interest.
>>ChrisError: BuildAssembler: No appropriate constructor exists for the build component...
That indicates a missing reference. The BuildAssembler is defined in the Sandcastle library, and you
will have to manually add that since it depends on your installed directory.

...\Program Files\Sandcastle\ProductionTools\BuildAssemblerLibrary.dll

Update: Please when you do set the "Copy Local" property to false, and also make sure you are linking to the latest version of the Sandcastle - not the one installed by the VS.NET SDK.

>>ChrisI also had a problem with there not being a "Project.xml" in the solution..
Sorry, I missed that. I will check it in when I go home today (now at workplace). I will start checking out
the content of the source control and building it separately on a different machine to make sure such problems
do not occur.
"Project.xml" is a just the project and namespace summary for the sample, you can comment it out for now.

Have a Happy New Year.

Best regards,
Paul.
Jan 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM
Hi Paul,

I had updated my reference to BuildAssemblerLibrary.dll - I am pretty sure I am using the May 2008 release of Sandcastle. Are you using the same?

I'll try the "CopyLocal" property change and add in or pull down the Project.xml file.

Thanks for the help / guidance.

Chris
Jan 6, 2009 at 10:31 PM
Hello Chris,
Thanks for the information.
>>Chris: Are you using the same?
Yes, I still could not understand why it is failing then. If you have installed the SDK,
it changes the path to the Sandcastle and this might also be a source of the problem.

>>Chris: I'll try the "CopyLocal" property change and add in or pull down the Project.xml file.
I have now checked in the project.xml file (added it to the project, it was in the output directory,
which is not under the source control - it will be copied to the output directory if you update the project).

Please I need to understand and solve this issue, so help. Please let me know if you are still
experiencing the problem. Thanks for the feedback and the cooperation.

Best regards,
Paul.
Jan 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Hi Paul,
I have pulled the latest from CodePlex and I have also re-run the latest Sandcastle installer. I am running trying to run the ConsoleSample but I am getting the following error:
Started: BuildAssembler Tool
Error: BuildAssembler: No appropriate constructor exists for the build component 'Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.CopyFromFileComponent' in the component assembly 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Productio
nTools\BuildComponents.dll'. The error message is: C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\ProductionTools\BuildComponents.dll
Error: Step failed.
Ended: BuildAssembler Tool
Error: An error occurred in the multi-step = 3
Error: An error occurred in the step = 4
I have updated my reference to BuildAssemblerLibrary for the Components solution, but this error is pointing at BuildComponents - you are doing a lookup based on DXROOT. I am looking at AssemblerConfigurator.cs right now to try to see what constructor you are calling.
Chris

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 5:31 PM, SelormeyPaul <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello Chris,
Thanks for the information.
>>Chris: Are you using the same?
Yes, I still could not understand why it is failing then. If you have installed the SDK,
it changes the path to the Sandcastle and this might also be a source of the problem.

>>Chris: I'll try the "CopyLocal" property change and add in or pull down the Project.xml file.
I have now checked in the project.xml file (added it to the project, it was in the output directory,
which is not under the source control - it will be copied to the output directory if you update the project).

Please I need to understand and solve this issue, so help. Please let me know if you are still
experiencing the problem. Thanks for the feedback and the cooperation.

Best regards,
Paul.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SandAssist@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SandAssist@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Regards,
Christopher Cyvas
mettlesystems
software that works for you

http://www.mettlesystems.com
Telephone: (216) 526-6501
cmc@mettlesystems.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/chriscyvas
Jan 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Hello Chris,
Thanks for the cooperation and the information.

Please try the following
1. From the Windows environment settings, see where the DXROOT points to on your system.
2. Manually set the directory for the Sandcastle. In the ConsoleSample/Program.cs do this
       settings.SandcastleDirectory = "Specify the full Sandcastle directory here";

Please let me know the results. I need to improve the error handling and messages.

Best regards,
Paul.
Jan 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Hi Paul,

I sent an email a while back, but not sure if you got it. I am still having the same problem. It's odd - the dependencies appear correct. It is looking in the right spot (DXROOT) and all that - but for some reason the same error is occuring (No appropriate constructor).

Hard to figure out what could be the problem at this point.

Chris
Jan 24, 2009 at 2:46 AM
Sorry for this problem.

>>Chris: I sent an email a while back, but not sure if you got it.
I missed that. I will contact you privately with an email address so that you can zip and
send me your copy of the installed Sandcastle for testing.
My email account here is Gmail and will not accept zip file containing executable files.

Best regards,
Paul