Dec 3, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2008 at 12:03 AM
We have decided to merge the Helpers and Builders libraries. In fact the Helpers will become the Builders, and the missing parts added.
- Basically, both the Helpers and Builders will be performing the same functions.
- The Helpers library is grown beyond the initial targets, and the limitations placed on it are being removed with time.
- The lite builder tag around the Helpers library is no more; the Helpers is now a complete and extensible builder library.
- Maintaining the two builder libraries is not a good choice for an open-source project, which is not being sponsored by any company.
- Combining the efforts will save time to work on the other projects.
Now, this is what we planned to do:
- A preview of the current source will be released this weekend for anyone to test and play with.
- We will continue the work on the Helpers while planning its "transition" into the
- We will split the Helpers into the current Common and the
- The Common will make it easier to extend the library or create plug-ins.
- The Tasks of the current Builder will be reworked as the MSBuild and NAnt tastks.
- By the next weekend the source directory will be reorganized, and all source codes checked-in.
Dec 3, 2008 at 11:56 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click
here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.